Karyn A. Villar is an experienced matrimonial and family law attorney who has successfully tried numerous divorce, custody, and child support cases. She offers clients both compassionate legal advice and aggressive representation in the courtroom. Her vast trial experience allows her to zealously advocate on behalf of her clients. Ms. Villar is well-versed in all areas of divorce and family law, enabling her to effectively litigate and negotiate favorable results. She holds a solid reputation in the community for going above and beyond for her clients, and is well respected by both clients and other attorneys in the area.
Attorney Villar is an active member of multiple bar associations, and has previously served as the co-chair of the Suffolk County Bar Association Matrimonial and Family Law Committee for three years and as both the Treasurer and Vice-President of Memberships for the Suffolk County Women’s Bar Association.
As a guest speaker at the continuing education programs for the Suffolk Academy of Law on matrimonial and family law, Ms. Villar spoke on a variety of family law topics, including:
- Divorce, Matrimonial 201 Conference
- Contested Custody, Family Court Series
- Custody, 2010 Family Court Series
- Divorce Boot Camp
She currently holds an Avvo rating of “Excellent” and has been “Lead Counsel Rated” by Thomson Reuters in both Matrimonial and Family Law.
- Arizona State University – Tempe, AZ – Juris Doctorate, 1995
- St. John’s University – Queens, NY – Undergraduate in Finance
- Suffolk County Bar Association
- Matrimonial Bar Association of Suffolk County
- New York State Bar Association
- Suffolk County Women’s Bar Association
- Women’s Bar Association of the State of New York
- State Bar of Arizona
Karyn A. Villar is admitted into practice in both Arizona and New York, and is also admitted to practice in the United States Supreme Court. She currently resides with her husband and four children.